Saturday, August 8, 2009

New Blog

Blogging after a six month hiatus. Most blogs have been about the forays into 3D art. This continues to be my main hobby. As the last blog talked about you can always keep up with the 3D art by going to my Renderosity Gallery. I post a couple of times a week there. I jump between landscapes, portraits and scenes. They are all fun and I don't really have a favorite. The variety gives me a chance to develop a number of different skills.

For a while now I have been thinking about doing this 3D art with more of a theme to them besides random pictures that I just come up with on any given day. I have started rereading Ray Kurzweil's books about the future of computing and how they will change how we live. They are very thought provoking books. I spend a lot more time with my Grandchildren now and because of that the books have taken on more of a personal aspect as I have started wondering how they might be effected by the kinds of changes alluded to in Kurzweil's books.

This combined with the fact that I have always been a big sci-fi fan has led to what I think I will do for my project. While Star Trek, Star Wars, The Matrix and the like all talk about the future, they have many inconsistencies and are mostly fairy tales in the future. Nothing wrong with a good fairy tale. What I plan on doing is my own version of what I think the future will be like for my Grandkids as they grow older. It will be based on the reading I have done of different futurists and will be based on trends in technology and their impact on society.

It will be done through both small stories and 3D art, animations, small games and the like. With my new interest in Facebook, I may use it as my platform versus just traditional web pages. I have some interest in writing a Facebook application for fun, so, this may be an interesting sidelight to the project. By the way I will try to integrate this blog as part of my Facebook as the first step.

So keep tuned in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Children Ltd was first thought of in February 2006 with the company being launched in April 2006, closely followed by the website launch in Semptember 2006. It is run by Mike and Chrissie who have about 50 years of teaching experience between them, plus five academic years of providing our resources to the primary education market.  Our rapidly expanding business has led to thousands of classes in the UK and beyond regularly using our resources.
Google Search Engine
Creative Thinking Skills
Primary Teaching Resources
Thinking and Reasoning