Sunday, November 30, 2008

The First Edit of the New Music Video



I have finally gotten done with all the animation for the music video that I have been putting together. It uses an original song of mine named "Lady Dark Eyes". The mood is a dark party in the middle of a storm. The main characters are a witch and the house owner. My avatar/character makes a cameo appearance as one of the people at the party. This took a little over three months to build 3D models, set up scenes, do the animation and then edit the video. I was hoping to get it done before Halloween, but, missed the date. It is still a rough edit, but, I am going to wait until next year to clean it up.

It was an interesting project despite the frustration with how look it took to animate the scenes (see many previous blog posts complaining about this). I learned a lot as this was my first major animation project in Poser. I learned how to get effects for lightning. Did a fire effect in a fireplace. Tried many settings for lighting using many dramatic lighting effects including one in a ruined house with a witch casting spells that is my favorite. Did some facial animation. Tried my hand at silhouettes like the old iPod commercials. Overused the dolly camera (I almost get motion sickness watching the video). And lastly did a lot of animation work. All in all it was a tremendous learning experience and I am glad I am done.

The story is about a witch who comes to a party, get's friendly with a guy and then disappears leaving him standing on the balcony already missing her. There are 10 avatar/characters in the main party scene and seven witches in the opening graveyard scene. Though it was fun, I will probably wait a little until I jump into my next animation video as it is so time consuming.

I am going to try my hand at mixing my 3D modeling with my interest in digital painting that I have played with over the last couple of years. I do however plan on doing a video based on the song Backyard Beatles. I got some photos from my cousin Greg of old black and white shots with the high school rock band I was in, so, I will probably make a video that mixes photos and images with animation. I probably will begin this sometime next spring.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your film. Great song, great work all around.

magento theme said...

Happy to see your blog as it is just what I’ve looking for and excited to read all the posts.The picture was too good..Its really a great work..Magento Themes

sathya said...

Nice music and Very pleasant video.I like to listen music.I need more music information.Thank u.
Hire magento designer

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Children Ltd was first thought of in February 2006 with the company being launched in April 2006, closely followed by the website launch in Semptember 2006. It is run by Mike and Chrissie who have about 50 years of teaching experience between them, plus five academic years of providing our resources to the primary education market.  Our rapidly expanding business has led to thousands of classes in the UK and beyond regularly using our resources.
Google Search Engine
Creative Thinking Skills
Primary Teaching Resources
Thinking and Reasoning

Iffi said...

You have created a nice post, i wish you good luck for all of your future post.
Search Engine Marketing Company
Search Engine Optimizers | Search Engine Promotion
Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Rankings
SEO Content Writing | SEO Services
Ecommerce Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Keyword Ranking
Real Estate Search Engine Optimization | SEO Expert
seo | Iftekhar Ahmed
Web Directory | Business Web Directory
Arts Web Directory | Blogs Web Directory
Business Web Directory | Computers Web Directory
Health Web Directory | Games Web Directory
Shopping Web Directory | Sports Web Directory
Water Filters and Water Purification Systems
Water Purification Systems | Water Filter Cartridges
Ultra Violet Lamps | Whole House Filtration
Reverse Osmosis Water Filters Systems
Water Filters Karachi