Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New Video


I decided to go ahead and take the pictures I created in Poser associated with the Music Studio I built and weave it into a small story and create a Video. The video was created in powerpoint and has no animation. It is a series of about 80 shots I took in Poser interspersed with some slides that do a small bit of narration. I mixed it in with a Rough Cuts original song called "For the Last Time" that Ron Jones and I wrote and performed. I created the slide show in a couple of hours and loaded it up to You Tube.

The video is a tour of the Music Studio and then follows my virtual band doing a recording in the studio. The studio tour shows the Lobby, Hallway, Control Room and Studio. It has a number of scenes that take place in each of the rooms. I created a number of characters as part of this project. They included:
- Mojo - Guitarist
- Herb - Singer
- Rasta - Bass Player
- Vicki - Piano Player
- Ben - Conga Player
- Hiro - Drummer
- Rick - Organist
- Sydney - the Agent
- Simon - the Producer
- Aiko - Simon's Secretary
- Elvis - Executive Producer

I am sure you will see the characters again in the future in other scenes along with the musical equipment. What I noticed about the scenes when watching the video when it was done was how uneven the quality of the work was. A lot of this due to the learning curve I was coming down. I learned as time went on what made a better composition in terms of putting together a picture. You can do a lot with the lighting, camera angles, focus, etc within Poser. In fact it is a little on the daunting side in terms of the options.

Also, I learned a lot about how to pose figures, texture them, place them in scenes, fix problems associated with their movements (skin pokeouts, unnatural positions), etc. This was a very good learning experience and I look forward to my next projects. I have planned to do a scene of the musicians in a club setting playing next with animation instead of still "photos". It will mean another learning curve to come down, but, it should be fun. I also would like to do a video as part of a Christmas Video that would feature my Virtual Family including a grandson character.

But, first I am doing some upgrading of software and hardware. Rather than buy a new computer, I decided to upgrade my RAM to 8G, load a 64 bit operating system (Vista Home Premium) and also bought Poser Pro which has more power and options than the Standard Poser I am using today. This will hopefully help with the animation rendering which I have read about on the internet as a potential time drain, as well as, other challenges.

You can see the video on You Tube at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mojoDallas
.
.

3 comments:

onwebmedia said...

Personally, the post is in fact the most excellent on this impressive topic. I harmonize with your conclusions and will keenly look further to your future updates.
Fort Worth Towing

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Children Ltd was first thought of in February 2006 with the company being launched in April 2006, closely followed by the website launch in Semptember 2006. It is run by Mike and Chrissie who have about 50 years of teaching experience between them, plus five academic years of providing our resources to the primary education market.  Our rapidly expanding business has led to thousands of classes in the UK and beyond regularly using our resources.
Google Search Engine
Creative Thinking Skills
Primary Teaching Resources
Thinking and Reasoning

paulsmith198914@gmail.com said...

Great video! Actually, our custom writing essays are prepared in a professional manner and submitted in accordance with the specified deadlines.Keep up the good work!